DWM 156 A7 reading SMS

Younes Manton younes.m at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 08:44:12 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:

> Younes Manton <younes.m at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a DWM 156 A7 which works well except that I can't find a way to
> read
> > received SMSes. As far as I can tell the modem receives the SMSes, but I
> > can't read them via mmcli, but if I boot into Windows and use D-Link's
> > utility I find the waiting SMS.
>
> FWIW, since I have exactly the same modem I just tested this, and I have
> no problems sending and receiving SMS with it:

 Thanks. I got your example to work and also some others. Not sure why it
didn't work earlier, perhaps the SMSes I was expecting were delayed and
received after I booted to Windows. I did not realize that SMSes are not
stored on the modem itself, or perhaps they are but in a way not visible on
the Linux side, since the D-Link app has 2 separate SMS stores: "Local" and
"DataCard". I was expecting to see all of the SMSes I see in the Windows
D-Link app to be visible to mmcli and MM GUI, but even mmcli and MM GUI do
not share storage. Anyhow, as long as I can send and receive in Linux that
is sufficient.

Thanks for the help.