DWM 156 A7 reading SMS

Younes Manton younes.m at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 11:03:52 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 7:46 PM, Aleksander Morgado <
aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
> >> I did not realize that SMSes are not
> >> stored on the modem itself, or perhaps they are but in a way not
> visible on
> >> the Linux side, since the D-Link app has 2 separate SMS stores: "Local"
> and
> >> "DataCard".
> >
> > That is probably an MBIM specific ModemManager MBIM bug?
> >
> > The messages are stored on the modem, but it doesn't seem like MM will
> > retrieve the list of already stored messages on discovery like it does
> > for e.g. QMI modems.
>

> The logic is there; so there has to be some error somewhere...
>
> Younes, can you run MM with debug logs to see what's happening?

I was too optimistic earlier, I still can't seem to consistently receive
SMSes. The SMSes I'm interested in are from the service provider and they
don't seem to show up without some voodoo before hand. Not sure what I did
earlier to receive one successfully, possibly it has to do with
repeating Bjørn's
test.

Anyhow, I grabbed some logs while starting NM and MM, checking to see that
most of the expected SMSes that I see in Windows are not there in nmclli
and NM GUI, and I went through the service provider's website and triggered
an SMS to me, which was also not received. If that's not enough let me know
what else you would like to see.

Logs at http://goo.gl/bpF2El