Trying to select IP version on connect and question of language bindings for libmbim

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 16:39:50 PDT 2015

​I'm more than aware what the spec does and does not offer. In fact, I was
even aware it is non-standard for network interfaces to work properly with
dhclient. That's why I upgraded the libmbim version so that mbimcli would
return the IP address, gateway, etc. that the mobile network returned on
connect so that I can enter in the values manually.

Also, I don't work at a telecommunications company. The fact that you
assumed it and then blasted me for it is terrible. FYI, I'm not using
NetworkManager+ModemManager on my box (instead, I'm using ifcfg scripts).
​Right now, I'm writing scripts to parse mbimcli output, and I was hoping I
could just write Python code to libmbim directly if it were possible. I'm
not a good C programmer, but I'm fairly good with Python. Frankly, looking
at libmbim C code confuses me.

I wasn't even asking for someone to do something for me. I was asking if
there was a way with libmbim to be able to pass what type of IP connection
I want to have (IPv4, IPv6, or IPv4+IPv6) on the connect command in mbimcli.