ERROR: mbim message timeout - (using umbim on OpenWRT)

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Mar 12 11:37:22 PDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
>> I noticed Aleksander's blog post about a version with integrated
>> ModemManager - unfortunately it seems to be very outdated now (
>> https://sigquit.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/modemmanager-and-latest-udev-in-openwrt/
>> ).
>
> Yes.  But knowing the OpenWRT concerns about any size overhead (they
> even delete most of the kernel module meta-data!), it is proably a waste
> of time updating it.  They will want umbim anyway, because of the
> footprint.

Well, using libmbim/mbimcli in OpenWRT is definitely possible, we just
depend on GLib/GIO. If you're fine with that dependency, it should be
doable.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I might create OpenWRT
packages. The packages in that old blogpost are in my old employer's
Gitorious account, plus gitorious is shutting down soon...

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es