ERROR: mbim message timeout - (using umbim on OpenWRT)

Markus Gothe nietzsche at lysator.liu.se
Thu Mar 12 13:17:30 PDT 2015

Well... As stated previously I am working on this as part of my everyday work.

My advice is to use mbimcli with the verbose flag and then do the same with umbim. Compare the results.

I fixed the "ugly bug" yesterday where umbim did not work, this way, with the d-link dwm-156 rev a7 due to not asking cdc-wdm about the max size and dynamically manage this.
This and other umbim improvements will be released in our GPL-packages later this year.

Sorry I cannot provide more help on the subject since it is regulated by Swedish law of competing in work. :-(

But what I can tell is that you should use '-n' and '-t' to avoid the timeout behaviour, however you'll need to track and increment the transaction ID.

Do you have a copy over of Huawei's MBIM Tool btw...??? :-)

//M - The panamahat hacker