Renewal of IP config.

Markus Gothe nietzsche at lysator.liu.se
Thu Mar 26 12:22:24 PDT 2015

Does the modemmanager handle the case where a new IP configuration is handed out? Have we seen any cases like that???

Sierra Wireless had a lease time of 50 years (sic!) in their old sierra_net.c built-in DHCP-server.

AFAIK this is not an issue over PPP since it is just a tunneling protocol. But what about packet switched networks, like LTE?

GPT might be the keyword here... I heard  that some early techs like iBurst etc used ethernet over the air in the backhaul.

//M