Anyone testing an MC7430 or other MDM9x30 based modem

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Nov 24 07:29:08 PST 2015

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> writes:

> Not sure I see this. The mbim_device_command() function for the OPEN
> message is called in DEVICE_OPEN_CONTEXT_STEP_OPEN_MESSAGE, and that
> is already after DEVICE_OPEN_CONTEXT_STEP_CREATE_IOCHANNEL, where we
> create the self->priv->iochannel. What am I missing?

You're right, of course.  My eyes must have crossed. Please forget the
whole thing.  Stupid me assume too much. I guess I must have been on an
older libmbim installation, before the recent 5 second fix.

Sorry for the noise.

Enjoy this instead:

nemi:/home/bjorn# mbimcli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0  --query-packet-service-state
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Packet service status:
                 Network error: 'unknown'
          Packet service state: 'attached'
        Available data classes: 'lte'