MBIM connection drops when I execute the command --query-signal-state

Nalda, Urko Urko.Nalda at digi.com
Fri Oct 30 10:48:51 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I want to report this issue related to the mbim-network application.

I am using this application with a Sierra MC7710 modem and it is working properly but when I execute a command after establishing network connection, the connection drops and I have to start the application again.
The steps that reproduce this problem are:
I establish network connection using "mbim-network /dev/cdc-wdm0 start" command . It doesn't report any problem and it is working properly.
Once the connection is established, I execute the command "mbimcli --d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --query-signal-state" and it reports this output:

root at imx6qsabresd:~# mbimcli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --query-signal-state
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Signal state:
                  RSSI [0-31,99]: '15'
             Error rate [0-7,99]: '99'
        Signal strength interval: '5'
                  RSSI threshold: '3'
            Error rate threshold: 'unspecified'

Since this moment I have no ping nor connection and I have to start the application again. This problem is reproducible among our hardware platforms.
Maybe you know why am I having this problem.

Urko