[Liboil] liboil issue with float point cross compile?

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Sun Dec 4 10:49:26 PST 2005

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 07:06:26PM +0100, Stephane Fillod wrote:
> To fix this problem, a check along what is done in m4/as-intrinsics.m4
> should be done on powerpc-* systems to check if "lfd"/etc. assembly
> instructions are available. Then with some autoconf magic and a define
> like HAVE_PPC_FPU_INSTRUCTIONS, conditionaly compile conv.c.
>
> Another solution is to find an option for soft-float gcc to make it
> accept hard FPU instructions. Then, with a new OIL_IMPL_FLAG_PPC_FPU,
> enable or disable implementation using powerprc fpu instructions.

I just added HAVE_GCC_ASM_POWERPC_FPU, but not yet
OIL_IMPL_FLAG_POWERPC_FPU.  I'm not in a hurry to do the latter,
since you arguably can't run binaries compiled for the normal
PowerPC ABI on a system with no FPU and no FPU emulation anyway.
And with FPU emulation, they'll be so slow that they won't be
selected anyway.

dave...

--
David Schleef