[Liboil] complex types?

Stephane Fillod f8cfe at free.fr
Sun Nov 13 16:07:52 PST 2005

Hi,

Some new liboil functions I'd like to introduce need (math) complex types.
Those complex types may be based on 32 bit floats, double, 16 bit signed
short ints, 8 bit unsigned ints, etc. So we need to introduce new
type names in function names. Should it be _cf32, _cs16, _cu8, etc. ?
Dave, what do you advise, how the new types should be added to and handled
by the automatical function testing (ie. wrt OIL_DEFINE_CLASS) ?

What should be the function argument type? In the case of _cf32, should
it be "float *", or "struct { float data[2]; } *" ?
Rem: I prefer the first one.

--
Stephane