[Liboil] undefined reference to clock_gettime

Nathan Caldwell saintdev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:59:46 PST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 5:23 PM, David Schleef <ds at schleef.org> wrote:

>  First of all, it appears you are linking statically.  This is generally
>  a bad idea.

I don't like it either.
Unfortunately one of our hallmarks is simplicity, and having one
binary with no deps is easier for our users, than having to check
dependencies before attempting to run it.

>  Second, I'm guessing you're not using pkg-config to get the CFLAGS and
>  LIBS required to build and link against liboil or schroedinger.  This
>  is pretty much required, as evidenced by you missing "-lrt" in the
>  link flags.

No we're not, we have a rather...unconventional build system.
This points me in the right direction, however.

Thanks

--
-Nathan Caldwell