Future plans

Hubert Figuiere hub at figuiere.net
Mon Dec 17 20:05:01 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 12:49 +0900, Ian Kent wrote:

> I was wondering what the plan is for libopenraw.
>
> Will there be functionality to further process the CFA data such as
> interpolation etc. at some point?

At some point, yes.
I'm currently working on an application, so expect features being
developed on a as-needed basis.

The main idea will be that the demosaicing be "pluggable" so that
applications can provide their own if they want.

Of course, if someone want to give a crack at it, I'm not against.

I'm currently working on the meta data because that's a necessary step
prior to processing (dcraw does it the lazy way be just getting what it
needs, while I'm doing the generic way to have the full spectrum of
metadata). I also need to provide a few more bits of infrastructure.

Hub