Little questions and some bug in libopenraw

Hubert Figuiere hub at figuiere.net
Thu May 22 06:06:42 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 01:07 +0200, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have played a bit with libopenraw. I have had a little problem compiling it
> with my debian box, using g++-4.3.  The demo/cfa.cpp file didn't compile
> because gcc is more strict.
>
> cfa.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
> cfa.cpp:81: error: ‘malloc’ was not declared in this scope
> cfa.cpp:91: error: ‘free’ was not declared in this scope

Will fix. I guess I haven't caught them all yet, I still run gcc 4.2.1

> Also, looking on the debian packages I have found that you have numbered the
> library 1.4.0. Please, could you tell me why? the libopenraw is 0.0.5?

soversion have nothing to do with the package version. you'll find the
documentation on the soversion in configure.ac with link to the
apropriate places on the internet that explain that better than I wish
to.

> Do you have some doc about the workflow? I mean, open with this, decode with
> this, transform with this, demosic with and save with ...?

That's part of the things that are secretly guarded by our benefactors.

dcraw does the following after extracting the CFA:

scale_colors()
pre_interpolate()
interpolate()
convert_to_rgb()