qmi-network

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at lanedo.com
Thu Aug 23 01:35:27 PDT 2012

>>> My first thought here is... APN and user/password?  Who knows what the
>>> modem is actually using.  Does Bjorn's script take those as parameters?
>> Yes, it does.  That was my thought as well.  The connection is obviously
>> successful, but the default APN could be wrong.
> May be the script should set it too, like qmi-ifupdown does.
>

>> Maybe an IPv6 only APN?
>
> Step by step. At first I try the usual things - IPv4. And then I go
> further.
> Without such basic rules I am confusing me and the people I ask for help.

APN is really needed, I would say. In my local tests, a plain Start
Network without APN won't work. qmi-network and qmicli could be updated
to accept the APN setting; or you could try to compile and install
latest ModemManager from the "qmi-support" branch and then run:
    mmcli -m 0 --simple-connect="apn=Internet"
(or whatever your APN is, assuming modem '0' is the one to connect)

Of course, patches for qmi-network and qmicli are welcome :-)