utils/qmi-network doc?

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at lanedo.com
Mon May 28 04:01:05 PDT 2012

> Since the support of Huawei E398 and Vodafone K5005 , K3565Z I am using the
> qmi-ifupdown script by Bjorn. It works well. But I think this was only for
> testing purposes.
>
> libqmi-glib contains utils/qmi-network
>
> But I am not able to use/test it. Are there some descriptions or examples
> available?

Well, that script is to be considered also for testing purposes,
although it can be useful.

There's not much to say about it, you just need to run (assuming it's
cdc-wdm0 your QMI-speaking port):

    $> qmi-network /dev/cdc-wdm0 start

to issue the QMI network start command or

    $> qmi-network /dev/cdc-wdm0 stop

to issue the QMI network stop command.

Once the start command has been issued, you are now able to run a DHCP
client on the associated wwan interface, e.g:
    $> dhclient wwan0

I don't think that the qmi-network script gives you much more (if
anything) than Bjørn's script, but anyway...