Huawei E3276 problem

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 09:17:21 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 11:00 -0600, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 11:42 +0100, Olof Ermis wrote:
> > (sry for spamming)
> >
> > Now it actually connected (from minicom):
> >
> > AT^NDISDUP=1,1,"online.telia.se"
> > OK
>
> While this device might be different, I believe the format of the
> NDISDUP command for other Huawei device is:
>
> AT^NDISDUP=<cid>,<1=start, 0=stop>
>
> So if you use AT+CGDCONT to define an IPV6 context, and then use
> AT^NDISDUP=<cid of IPv6 context>,1 that'll connect using that context.
>
> I have no idea of all the google hits for AT^NDISDUP=1,1,"myapn" are
> valid or not, the modem might simply ignore anything after the "1,1",
> but only Huawei can tell us for sure.

Ok, so Franko replied on the NM lists about the correct form of the
AT^NDISDUP command for these devices, and it does appear that all
necessary parameters can be set with NDISDUP.  However, that still
doesn't answer the question of whether the first number is in fact a
CID, and if so, how it plays with AT+CGDCONT.  Previous Huawei modems,
some based on Qualcomm chipsets, appear to operate as I'd described
above, with a simple NDISDUP=<cid>,<start/stop>.

Dan