Python bindings

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at lanedo.com
Wed Nov 14 07:20:52 PST 2012

On 14/11/12 15:40, Andrew Bird wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 November 2012 11:53:08 Andrew Bird wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> 	I want to try out libqmi from python using bindings. I'm trying to apply
>> the process from
>> https://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection/AutotoolsIntegration
>>
>> After fitting most of it to the Makefile.am in the generated directory(is
>> that the correct place?) I get the following errors
>>
>> make[4]: Entering directory `/home/ajb/libqmi/libqmi-glib/generated'
>>   GISCAN libqmi_glib-1.0.gir
>> In file included from /home/ajb/libqmi/libqmi-glib/generated/qmi-error-
>> types.h:6:0,
>>                  from <stdin>:4:
>> ../../libqmi-glib/qmi-errors.h:27:2: error: #error "Only <libqmi-glib.h> can
>> be included directly."
>> In file included from /home/ajb/libqmi/libqmi-glib/generated/qmi-enum-
>> types.h:6:0,
>>                  from <stdin>:5:
>> ../../libqmi-glib/qmi-enums.h:27:2: error: #error "Only <libqmi-glib.h> can
>> be included directly."
>> In file included from /home/ajb/libqmi/libqmi-glib/generated/qmi-enum-
>> types.h:7:0,
>>                  from <stdin>:5:
>> ../../libqmi-glib/qmi-enums-wds.h:27:2: error: #error "Only <libqmi-glib.h>
>> can be included directly."
>> In file included from /home/ajb/libqmi/libqmi-glib/generated/qmi-enum-
>> types.h:8:0,
>>                  from <stdin>:5:
>>
>> <snip>
>>

> I got a little further by adding '-DLIBQMI_GLIB_COMPILATION ' into the
> gir_CFLAGS, but that seems like a hack. I'm now seeing lots of errors of the
> form undefined reference to `qmi_client_get_type' etc. Am I totally off course
> in what I'm trying to do? I've never done this before, as you can probably
> tell :-)

-DLIBQMI_GLIB_COMPILATION is used when we are compiling internal stuff,
so it's safe to do so within the build.

You probably want to run the GIR scanner not in /libqmi-glib/generated,
but in /libqmi-glib directly. The code within /libqmi-glib/generated
depends on the one in /libqmi-glib (e.g. the base QmiClient object which
is failing here).