Issues with Netgear 340U latest firmware

Gopakumar Choorakkot Edakkunni gopakumar.c.e at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 11:24:23 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have a linux system running libqmi-1.0 which used to work just fine with
the previous revision of Netgear. But after I upgraded the firmware to the
version mentioned in the subject, the wwan interface gets created just
fine. If I do a tcpdump I can see DHCP packets going out of wwan, but there
is absolutely nothing coming back in on wwan (ifconfig wwan Rx packets is
zero).

root:/# qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-get-revision
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Device revision retrieved:
    Revision: 'NTG9X15C_01.13.12.13 r18963 ntgrbc-fwbuild1 2014/05/26
12:30:18'

In the netgear website (
http://support.netgear.com/product/AirCard+340U+$28AT$26T$29), they have a
new Gobiserial.c driver for Linux, does anyone know if theres anything in
there that needs to be brought into libqmi to get it working ? Or does the
latest libqmi have anything that might already take care of this ?

Rgds,
Gopa.