Issues with Netgear 340U latest firmware

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Aug 13 16:04:41 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 9:19 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> b) On "9x15" devices, the Netgear GobiNet driver uses the WDA service's
> Set Data Format call instead of the CTL service.  Not sure if that makes
> a difference here or not, but maybe new devices expect the WDA mechanism
> instead, and so the data format is not getting switched to Ethernet?

My tests with newer Sierra devices and this issue (CTL vs WDA) yielded
more or less the same results. This is, wwan data format can be
changed with both ways successfully, with the difference being that
the WDA service is just much better documented. Recent libqmi/qmicli
has support for WDA, btw:
  --wda-set-data-format=[raw-ip|802-3]
  --wda-get-data-format

The problem for the reporter may just be that by default raw-ip is
configured in the WWAN interface; or if it has 2 interfaces, one may
be raw-ip and the other 802-3. qmicli doesn't change the data format
by default (as ModemManager does), so the issue may just be that 802-3
needs to be explicitly requested via qmicli...

Gopakumar, can you try to run:
 $ qmicli --wds-noop --device-open-net="net-802-3|net-no-qos-header"
and then your normal WDS connection setup?

Or, with a newer libqmi:
$ qmicli --wda-set-data-format="802-3"