Netgear 340u

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sun May 4 03:46:28 PDT 2014

Noah Taber <noahtaber at gmail.com> writes:

> Well, I think I'm done with the 340u.  I'm pretty sure I broke it tonight.
>  I ran the following AT command:
>
> AT!UDUSBCOMP=9
>
> I only have a MBIM interface to the device.  I cannot connect to it through
> serial to issue anymore AT commands.
>
> Do any of you have any hints?  Otherwise, I'll get a different device.

Shit.  I was just writing you an email where I tried to warn about
exactly that.  Sorry.

I am pretty sure there is some way to fix it, but we just don't know
how.  These settings are most likely stored in some NVRAM variable.
One nice thing about that MBIM function is that it implements a QMI pass
through, so you still have all the power of QMI available.  So if we
knew how to fix this by using QMI, then it could be fixed.  It is
probably possible to force the modem into boot loader mode, where you
should be able to rewrite most of the flash contents including the
NVRAM.

In theory.  I wouldn't know how to do that.