QMI protocol error (3): 'Internal' when running dms-set-operating-mode

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sat Feb 7 13:44:39 PST 2015

BTW, I see in the Bugzilla that you don't yet have a similar solution
for MBIM mode.  If nothing else, I guess you can do this via the "QMI in
MBIM" service.  It's not exactly well documented, but it's pretty
straight forward: Wrap the QMI messages in MBIM CID 1 SET messages to
this vendor specific service UUID: d1a30bc2-f97a-6e43-bf65-c7e24fb0f0d3

At least it's simpler than having to switch back and forth between QMI
and MBIM mode.  Especially if these modems are as difficult to switch as
the MC77xx, effectively requiring a reset for every mode switch.