wda-get-data-format randomly returns error: couldn't create client for the 'wda' service

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Apr 16 09:02:50 UTC 2020

> > Can you run:
> >
> > qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-get-profile-list=3gpp
> qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-get-profile-list=3gpp
> Profile list retrieved:
>          [1] 3gpp - profile1
>                  APN: ''
>                  PDP type: 'ipv4-or-ipv6'
>                  PDP context number: '1'
>                  Username: ''
>                  Password: ''
>                  Auth: 'none'
>                  APN disabled: 'no'
> > qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-get-default-settings=3gpp
> qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-get-default-settings=3gpp
> Default settings retrieved:
>          APN: ''
>          PDP type: 'ipv4-or-ipv6'
>          Username: ''
>          Password: ''
>
>          Auth: 'none'
>

> Oooohhhhh! That'll be damned. No APN string. Meaning that when
> autoconnect triggered in-between the manual attempts, it would connect,
> while manual attempts with APN=internet failed...!? The APN=internet
> settings has been there for years on these systems. That's what you get
> from taking over code from others, and assuming settings are right... ! :D
>
> Does that sound reasonable as the explanation?

That is possibly an explanation, yes. As soon as you have autoconnect
enabled and you also try additional manual wds start network with
explicit settings, you may get errors that you wouldn't normally
expect. I think you should try to choose between one or the other; and
if you want to enable autoconnect you should modify the default
profile settings (e.g. --wds-modify-profile).

Dan, what do you think?