misleading error message from wds:start

Sai Chaitanya msaichaitanya at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 06:14:47 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I have a linux application to start / stop data connection on a 4G modem
with QMI APIs. I start the network with autoconnect flag enabled.

If I force low power mode on the modem (ensuring no network) and restart my
application, I expect the following function to return an error with a
'no-service' message, instead I get 'no-effect', which is mis-leading. I
expect the 'no-effect' message in case of multiple start attempts, but not
when there is no network.

qmi_message_wds_start_network_output_get_result()

If anyone faced the same issue, please share your inputs.

Kind regards,
Sai.