Inconsistent MCCMNC command

Santiago De Renedo santiago.de.renedo at klastelecom.com
Fri Jun 11 11:55:49 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Not long ago I mentioned an issue I was having with setting the MCCMNC
using *--nas-set-system-selection-preference *where no matter what MCCMNC
was set, the modem would still connect to the sims network.

This seemed to be resolved at the time but I've been playing around with
that command and I believe that this problem actually occurs when also
using *--dms-set-operating-mode=reset *to reboot the modem. It takes about
a minute to lock back onto the sims network once the modem has been reset.

Here's the output of those commands including
*--nas-get-serving-system:*

> qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm2 "--nas-get-serving-system"
> [/dev/cdc-wdm2] Successfully got serving system:
> Registration state: 'registered'
> CS: 'attached'
> PS: 'attached'
> Selected network: '3gpp'
> Radio interfaces: '1'
> [0]: 'lte'
> Roaming status: 'off'
> Data service capabilities: '1'
> [0]: 'lte'
> Current PLMN:
> MCC: '272'
> MNC: '1'
> Roaming indicators: '1'
> [0]: 'off' (lte)
> 3GPP location area code: '65534'
> 3GPP cell ID: '40808449'
> Detailed status:
> Capability: 'cs-ps'
> HDR Status: 'none'
> HDR Hybrid: 'no'
> Forbidden: 'no'
> LTE tracking area code: '39000'
> Full operator code info:
> MCC: '272'
> MNC: '1'
> MNC with PCS digit: 'no'

> qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm2
> "--nas-set-system-selection-preference=umts|lte,manual=00104"
> [/dev/cdc-wdm2] System selection preference set successfully; replug your
> device.

> qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm2 "--nas-get-serving-system"
> [/dev/cdc-wdm2] Successfully got serving system:
> Registration state: 'not-registered'
> CS: 'detached'
> PS: 'detached'
> Selected network: '3gpp'
> Radio interfaces: '1'
> [0]: 'umts'
> Roaming status: 'on'
> Data service capabilities: '0'
> Current PLMN:
> MCC: '272'
> MNC: '3'
> Roaming indicators: '1'
> [0]: 'on' (umts)
> Detailed status:
> Capability: 'cs-ps'
> HDR Status: 'none'
> HDR Hybrid: 'no'
> Forbidden: 'no'
> UMTS primary scrambling code: '295'
> Full operator code info:
> MCC: '272'
> MNC: '3'
> MNC with PCS digit: 'no'

> qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm2 "--dms-set-operating-mode=reset"
> [/dev/cdc-wdm2] Operating mode set successfully

qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm2 "--nas-get-serving-system"
> [/dev/cdc-wdm2] Successfully got serving system:
> Registration state: 'registered'
> CS: 'attached'
> PS: 'attached'
> Selected network: '3gpp'
> Radio interfaces: '1'
> [0]: 'lte'
> Roaming status: 'off'
> Data service capabilities: '1'
> [0]: 'lte'
> Current PLMN:
> MCC: '272'
> MNC: '1'
> Roaming indicators: '1'
> [0]: 'off' (lte)
> [...]

I know this issue doesn't occur when setting the rate technology and I'm
wondering if this is a problem that is known about?

Thanks,

Santiago

--

This message is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you

Klas LTD (Company Number
163303) trading as Klas, an Irish private company limited by shares, with
its registered office at One Kilmainham Square, Dublin 8, Ireland D08 ET1W.

Klas Telecom Inc., a Virginia Corporation with offices at 1101 30th
St. NW, Washington, DC 20007.