Quectel em12-g minimal kernel version

Nicholas Smith nicholas at nbembedded.com
Thu Jun 24 21:43:42 UTC 2021

I can confirm that the Quectel EM12-G most certainly does not play
nice with qmi_wwan (at least on the vendor firmware versions I have
tested, which includes several, including the latest).  The module
always inexplicably crashes after anywhere from between a couple of
hours to a couple of days of uptime.  When in MBIM mode it is stable,
but you cannot use qmicli to get detailed NAS information, or select
bands, etc... so you lose a huge amount of useful functionality.  So,
if I want to do anything out of the ordinary, I temporarily switch it
into QMI mode before switching back to MBIM mode.

All the best,
Nick

Google Summer of Code 2021 Mentor

All the best,