FW: QMICLI tools examples and documentation for begginers

dominik.lastovcic at x-logic.net dominik.lastovcic at x-logic.net
Thu Sep 23 06:43:54 UTC 2021

Thank you for your quick response Aleksander. This is the set of commands I use for setting up the network.

sudo qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-set-operating-mode='online'

sudo ip link set wwan0 down

echo 'Y' | sudo tee /sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip

sudo ip link set wwan0 up

sudo qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-net='net-raw-ip|net-no-qos-header' --wds-start-network="apn='m2m.tele2.com',ip-type=4" --client-no-release-cid

sudo udhcpc -S -n -i wwan0 (-S = log to sysfile, -n = exit if lease not obtained)

These commands are executed every time the wwan0 interface can’t ping 8.8.8.8

The problem I faces with running these commands in a loop was CID exhaustion. Do you think I could simply avoid that problem with restarting the modem every time it is unable to ping?

I have tried:

sudo qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-set-operating-mode='reset'

But sometimes I get this error:

couldn't create client for the 'dms' service: CID allocation failed in the CTL client: Transaction timed out

Is there a better way to restart the modem?

If you could help me on this topic it would mean a lot.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dominik Lastovčić / Software engineer

X-LOGIC d.o.o.

Zagreb Innovation Center
Avenija Dubrovnik 15, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Pavilion: 12 / 1st floor / Office: 16
 <http://www.x-logic.net/> www.x-logic.net

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/x-logic-ltd/> www.linkedin.com/company/x-logic-ltd