[qmi-firmware-update] Flashing does not work properly with Sierra em9191 (5g modem)

Alexander Dydychkin alexander.dydychkin at vicuesoft.com
Wed Feb 2 11:00:34 UTC 2022

" Yes, that version doesn't have support for the EM9191, the only libqmi
version you can use is git main branch."

Ok, I will use only the latest version. Thanks!
In addition, one of my modems is "bricked" after flashing with an old tool
(no cdc devices and it seems it is in download state). I had the same
situation two times with 4G modems but hardware power off fixed the
situation. In this case hardware power off does not help. Maybe you know
how I can revert the modem to the normal state? :)))

"Weird, that looks like a device reboot or the qmi-proxy crashing
behind the scene.
Have you stopped ModemManager before attempting this operation?
Can you retry with --verbose to see if we get some additional info on the
issue?"

But the configuration from "build-collection-basic" CI should be ok? Maybe
should I recompile the tool?
I don`t have ModemManager in my system.
I have a theory that I started this on *already* "bricked" modem but I am
not sure. I don't want to risk because I have only 1 stable modem right now
and I want to fix "bricked" before flashing the verbose.

To sum up:
I have 3 modems, 2 "bricked" right now, 1 stable right now.  :)
I started 1.26.10 qmi-firmware-update on the first "bricked" one and 1.31.2
qmi-firmware-update on the second.

--
With best regards,
Alexander