LIBQMI APIs Response "Transaction timed out"

Truong Phi phitruong220675 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 04:34:55 UTC 2023

Hi,

We are using some libqmi APIs like the below:
qmi_client_uim_register_events_finish()
qmi_client_uim_get_slot_status_finish()
qmi_client_uim_get_card_status_finish()
qmi_client_dms_swi_get_current_firmware_finish()
qmi_client_dms_set_event_report_finish()
qmi_client_uim_get_slot_status_finish()

When testing for a long time, some of these APIs respond with an error
message: "Transaction timed out".

We checked the logs from the modem side and the chipset provider (Qualcomm)
also confirmed with us that the modem replies to the QMI success.
Example:
In case qmi_client_uim_get_slot_status_finish()
The module replied:
MsgType = QMI_UIM_GET_CARD_STATUS
resp {
result = QMI_RESULT_SUCCESS
error = QMI_ERR_NONE
}

MsgType = QMI_UIM_GET_SLOTS_STATUS
resp {
result = QMI_RESULT_SUCCESS
error = QMI_ERR_NONE
}
physical_slot_status[0] {
physical_card_status = UIM_PHYSICAL_CARD_STATE_PRESENT
physical_slot_state = UIM_PHYSICAL_SLOT_STATE_ACTIVE

But the error message is: "Transaction timed out".

Anything can be the cause of these problems? How can we avoid it?

Thanks,
Truong