Suggested way to build up a connection with qmicl/libqmi? How to get indications, that connection not working/connection was dropped?

Martin Maurer martin.maurer at mmeacs.de
Wed Sep 6 07:44:53 UTC 2023

Hello,

when I want to build up a connection, I send some command, which return
an id, an IP address, ...

So when using a bash script I think I need to parse the output of the
current command,

to be able to use the id for upcoming qmicli calls.

When doing the same via C/C++ it looks like (at least for a beginner)
the first steps are not the easiest once.

A collegue just found a python example:

https://gitlab.com/linux-mobile-broadband/libqmi/-/tree/main/examples/simple-tester-python?ref_type=heads

What is the suggested way? Are there examples to do such a thing via a
shell script?

And a question in similar area: When connection was successfully
established, a ping is working and suddenly not more,

can I somehow get an indication what happened to the connection? If
there is currently just no data transfer possible,

or connection dropped, or any other reason happened?

Best regards,

Martin