[Libreoffice-qa] automation tool for smoke test qa. (alpha)

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at novell.com
Fri Aug 5 01:08:07 PDT 2011

Hi Rainer,

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 01:15:37PM +0200, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Yifan Jiang schrieb:
>
>> Ah, it reminds me to add the documentation work in my TODO list. The use tips
>> are actually stated (maybe too briefly) in the [Usage] section at the moment.
>
> Hi,
>
> seem so, I even do not find some Usage section in the Wiki Litmus manual ;-)

I am not sure why Litmus is concerned here. It's another topic from the
smoketest script, isn't it? Or I misundertood something?

Since Litmus is mentioned, the Usage(tutorial) like stuff for QA is:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Litmus#Litmus_for_Libreoffice_QA_Guide

It describes the necessary steps to run test cases manually.

> My experience is that all users (like me) like  quick success ("I have it
> running"), then they are willing to read a more elaborated manual (as we
> already have in the Wiki). So a quick start guide might encourage many
> hesitating users.

Yes, I agree, it makes sense :) Thank you!

> Small hint for the quick guide:

> But the Litmus testcase might have other needs?
> For WIN 7 I recommend to unpack to a folder
> C:\users\user\LITMUS

I suppose users have their own favor where to unpack the package. Of course,
we can suggest them to unpack the package to user C:\users\user. Is this what
you meant?

The appearance of Litmus here just makes me confused again, hehe.

> C:\users\user\ is the default folder after "Execute - cmd"

What is the default folder here supposed to mean?

Best wishes,
Yifan