[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Report Submission Assistant

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Tue Aug 30 05:19:13 PDT 2011

Hi,

I hacked two scripts ( http://dachary.org/wp-uploads/2011/08/BugReport_Details.txt and http://dachary.org/wp-uploads/2011/08/enter_bug.txt ) to check if the extraction of the needed information could be done simply and updated the draft assistant with the result ( https://freedesktop.dachary.org/libreoffice/bug/bug.html ).

> I suggest that I / We add several details to the <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant_-_ToDo#Define_steps_and_sort_order_for_items_of_Assistant>, and in parallel we go on testing some modules, that we can connect soon to a complete front end.
>
> A first test I would like to do:
> We need Help texts that appear when the Component has been selected from the picker (like in Bugzilla). My dream  would be a proceeding reading texts from a source like a short Wiki Template text, at it's end a Link to a Wiki Page with a more elaborated explication (opens in new Window or Browser Tab).
I made it so the comment (the same that shows in bugzilla) is displayed in the page when the component is selected, because that's what I had. Could you explain what you mean by "a short Wiki Template text" ? Do you mean that Wiki Pages should be created with the more elaborated explanation ? Or such pages already exist ?

Assuming these sources are to be created, I can write a script that extracts some of their content for display within the bug assistant. Do you plan to create these pages for  http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant#Milestone_0.2 ?

The easiest way would be to have a microformat defined ( for instance https://freedesktop.dachary.org/libreoffice/libreoffice-bug.html ) and used in the relevant pages. It makes it easier to implement.
> You also should think about a possibility to define what subcomponents are available for what components in a flexible way.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. The content of the http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details page is well structured and it makes it easy for http://dachary.org/wp-uploads/2011/08/BugReport_Details.txt to extract the list of subcomponents. If nothing existed I would suggest the use of a microformat. But the macros are easy enough to parse.

Cheers