[Libreoffice-qa] Tinderbox status

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 1 04:41:55 PST 2011

Hi Pedro, *,

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Pedro Lino <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I.e. does the number of errors
>>> potentially affect the quality and reliability of the binaries?
>>
>> Not necessarily. But it would be suspicious if for example the Mac
>> ones that are below 10 "errors" suddenly spike to 50 or more and still
>> be green. Then it is worth to have a look what triggered the parser,
>> and either silence the parser or fix the code.
>
> So if Tinderbox #9 finished successfully 2 days ago with 176 errors
> and today with 846(!!!), doesn't that sound suspicious?

Yes, it does - but only if it is the same machine, the same builder.
In your initial post you were comparing different builders, and there
it is rather irrelevant.
When you want to compare different bots, you need to actually look at
the errors (view the brief/Summary log)
I don't see a previous successful entry for #9, so nothing to compare
with right now, and I surely don't remember the error count from
before the rename :-)

ciao
Christian