[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice] Naming builds. Please???

Pedro Lino pedlino at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 09:09:36 PST 2011

> No need to know. It is just a random (or not so random) sequence of
> hex digits. If nothing documents it to have some significance, don't
> assume it to have any significance.

Thank you for the clarification. It does have some significance.

>> Anyway, even if this was a combination of the GIT IDs it would still
>> be useless as an identification
>
> Well, is it claimed anywhere to be useful as an identification?

I (wrongly) assumed it was meant for identification. In fact if the
same build generates the same sequence then they are synonyms and can
be used for some sort of identification (as I just explained in a
previous email).

I realize from your answer that the code was generated simply to make
the folder name unique.

But this is irrelevant since the installer folder will no longer be created.