[Libreoffice-qa] LibO 3.5.0 Beta 0 First assessment

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Sat Dec 3 09:27:47 PST 2011

Michael Meeks wrote (03-12-11 15:50)

> 	Yes ! we have not branched yet; master will branch at the
> feature-freeze before B1 so we have:
>
> master -------- Beta0 -------\----------- crazy stuff ...
>                                \
>                                 \----- Beta1 --- stabilisation - Beta2
>
> 	etc. :-

Correct. While explaining the whole event to someone else, suddenly it
became clear to me it might be much clearer when we have another naming
scheme:

master ----- Alpha1 -------\----------- crazy stuff ...
                             \
                              \----- Alpha2 --- stabilisation - Beta1

The great advantage of this is, that people having some expectation on
what a beta1 is, will not be disappointed.
Also, the whole schedule will not change, only the naming will be
conform what people get offered.
Will be something that marketing is going to praise us for, isn't it?

Cheers,

--
  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org