[Libreoffice-qa] Can't paste formulas between 3.4.4 and 3.5.0

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:11:58 PST 2011

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Pedro Lino <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I was copying cells between two open spreadsheets, one in 3.4.4 final
> and another on LibO-dev 3.5.0 ( a286353-090bcba-3bf3b94) aka
> master~2011-12-02_22.36.35_libodev35 from Win-x86 at 6
>
> When I pasted a cell containing a formula, it got pasted as the
> resulting value. This happens both ways.
>
> I have no problem transferring formulas between sheets of the same
> workbook or even between windows of the same version of LO.
>
> The only obstacle is between windows of different versions of LO.
>
> Can someone confirm this before I post a bug report?

It's a known limitation, and only happens when you copy&paste between
two different instances of libreoffice (or openoffice for that
matter).  In reality this is not a huge concern since most users don't
run two different versions of libreoffice (or openoffice) much less
copy&paste stuff between them.  If you copy&paste using the same
version of libreoffice this won't happen.

Kohei