[Libreoffice-qa] LibO 3.5.0 Beta 0 First assessment

Italo Vignoli italo.vignoli at quorum-pr.com
Mon Dec 5 16:44:37 PST 2011

On 12/5/11 2:36 PM, Petr Mladek wrote:

> I would prefer to keep it as is. In each case, I do not feel like
> deciding about this myself.

I think that we can stick to Beta 1, although I feel that there would be
less misunderstandings by using Alpha (for instance, FileHippo has
distributed Beta 0 dropping the 0, and people have started exchanging
the link on user groups, so I had to clarify - on the Italian news group
- that this is not for the general user).

If we stick to Beta 1, though, we should make it VERY clear on the
accompanying message that this is a Beta intended to help developers,
because advanced users can install it to test features and discover
bugs. Otherwise, people - enemies - would start shouting loud that the
quality is bad and LO is unusable (although there will always be these
idiots, and their existence is a demonstration of the quality of the
software, as they shout loud because they are impressed).

Italo Vignoli - italo.vignoli at gmail.com
mob +39.348.5653829 - VoIP 5316436 at messagenet.it
skype italovignoli - gtalk italo.vignoli at gmail.com