[Libreoffice-qa] Remark wrt the bug-hunt session

Pedro Lino pedlino at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 05:11:03 PST 2011

Hi Cor, all

I'm sorry to say that I will not be available for the Bug Hunting session.
I will be on extremely limited (if any) internet connection starting from today.
I know I'm still a newbie but it's one pair of (inexperienced) hands less.

> Our announcement gets pretty some attention, so we may hope that lots of
> people will find their way to our IRC channel and BugZilla :-)

I really hope so. Massive bug extermination are the keywords :)

> Maybe a == see you again == chapter on the wiki page?
> At the least we can try to make people feel comfortable and supported with
> the work, but that's obvious.
>
> Ideas?

A "Thank you and come again" page is a good idea. If it's ready by
then, the link can be posted at the end of the session and/or as
individual users say goodbye...

But it is particularly important to listen to people and make them
feel cherished
The usual "please add a bug report in Bugzilla" is not friendly enough
(most people won't bother to register)

Experienced users could offer to create the first bug report for
newcomers (if that is an obstacle to them)

I think that this project _must_ add OpenID login to the Bugzilla tracker.
If that is not possible in the current tracker then LO _must_ move to
one that does.

Just my 2 cents ;)

I wish you all an extremely productive Bug Hunting Session!
I will check next year those that occur under the Windows OS (though I
doubt any will be found :) )

Kind regards,
Pedro