[Libreoffice-qa] Test Structure in Litmus

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Tue Nov 22 02:36:27 PST 2011

Hi Petr,

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 09:55:35AM +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
> IMHO, if nobody objects within next 2-3 days, we could branch it for 3.5
> release, so people could enter test cases for the 3.5 features.

Sure :)

> >     - Master Function branch
> >
> >         - 8 test groups, only test cases in priority 1, 2 were populated, we
> >         didn't have P3/P4 cases yet. The cases were just categorized to
> >         priority from my understanding from Petr's comments:
>
> great
>
> BTW: Do you have any plans to create more test cases?

Yes, I have already created several test cases in master/L10n/en covering:

    - General UI Localization

    - Spellcheck & Grammarcheck

    - Thesaurus

    - Hyphenation check

    - Templates

    - Help content

They are not perfect though :)

I also had a plan to review testtool cases and select important testing areas
populating to Litmus. Also we may want this as a mid-term working item
somewhere in wiki.

> >         - The name of l10n test cases are updated without "locale" prefix, but
> >         I still keep the "component#number" prefix (instead in a appendix
> >         brackets) mainly because the test cases will be sorted by components
> >         prefix so that all the test cases for the same components canbe
> >         reviewed together.
>
> As you like. It might help to synchronize the test cases for different
> languages.
>
> I think that it is only a provisional solution. I hope that we will be
> able to implement the checkbox for lang-dependent test cases and handle
> it in test run and results statistic. Then we could get rid of the l10n
> testgroups and merge all tests into common P1,P2,P3,P4 testgroups.

Yes, plus we have some translating mechanism natively in Litmus, that will be
ideal!

> >         - In P3-L10N Test group, there are some "orphan" german test cases
> >         because previously the german cases were not exactly synchronized with
> >         English versions, these "orphan" cases are remained after my manual
> >         synchronization using google translater. I didn't finish review all of
> >         them but I'll remove duplicated ones while refer to valuable ones to
> >         create new English test cases. Please just ignore them, I'll clean
> >         them up later on :)
>
> Sounds reasonable.

Already done :) We only have some duplicated cases there prefixed with
[DELETE]. I'll send a mail to the original arthurs and the list to confirm,
then prefer to remove them.

Best wishes,
Yifan