[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice] New Windows tinderbox: Windows 2008R2

Pedro Lino pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 01:16:30 PST 2011

Hi all

> b) it's probably possible to provide zip/xz/whatever archives of nightly
> builds along with the installer. This would allow you to test everything
> except installation of LibO, having as many parallel LibreOffices as you
> need.

I think this is the best option. It is used in several FLOSS projects.

The nightlies are for advanced users. They don't have to be user
friendly so decoupling it from the installer is not a problem.

Unless there is a specific problem or change that needs to be tested
in the installer itself, there is no need to waste time on
install/uninstall.

This would allow to have as many versions in parallel as wished.

Actually this is what I currently do with the MinGW compiled binaries ;)

Why reinvent the wheel?