[Libreoffice-qa] db test VM

drew drew at baseanswers.com
Thu Oct 27 06:07:21 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 16:00 +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:

<snip>
> drew píše v Po 24. 10. 2011 v 10:16 -0400:
> > Howdy all,
> >
> > Well, thought I'd let folks know what I've been up to with the
> > SuseSTUDIO service...errr stuff.
> >
> > Creating a VM with the daily build files turned out to be really
> > straightforward.
>
> nice
>
> > -  OK, so it's not automated for daily updates, but doing so by hand now
> > is really quite simple and fairly quick (3 clicks and ~10 minutes), and
> > not that big a deal for what I personally had in mind.
>
> 3 clicks to create the image sounds perfectly fine. I think that more
> important is to automate the real testing.
>
> > Currently there is no menu integration (should be there tomorrow :)
>
> I am afraid that the plain daily build does not provide the desktop
> integration. Well, it should not be really needed for the Base testing.
>
> > Anyway - I'll update the wiki page with more details this afternoon.
>
> Where is the wiki page?

Well, I didn't really update this yet but the wiki page is at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Drew/baseQA_VM

(which is now also listed on the information page for the appliance)

Alright so yesterday I added a couple of new files to:
http://susegallery.com/a/EvUJ20/lo-client-daily-libreoffice_master

1) Added all files from the daily release_configuration build, including
the testtool, binfilters, etc.

2) Pulled the testautomation scripts from git and added them to the
appliance at:
  /opt/lo-dev/program/qatesttool

3) added the files from
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/losmoketest-0.2.tar.bz2
to the custom repository (drewjensen2: OpenSuse 11.4) and the appliance,
installed at:
  /tmp/losmoketest-0.2

4) pulled the updated losmoketest.py file from git and added at:
  /tmp

published that appliance VM this morning.

Now for today I would like to actually get testtool running in
interactive mode - i.e start testtool, load one of the .bas test and
have it execute (as of right now that last step fails for every test
script I've tried. It gives an error323 when it jumps into the first
include file in the script...)

I suppose at this point what makes sense is to start hanging out on IRC
and asking for help there as I try to finger out what I'm missing in
getting testtool to run.

Thanks

//drew