[Libreoffice-qa] db test VM

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 23:28:19 PDT 2011

On 10/27/2011 09:08 PM, Petr Mladek wrote:
> Stefan Bergman has recently enabled subsequent test[1] that need the
> installed LO. They could be written in Java and C++. I guess that they
> are supposed to replace the problematic testtool. I wonder if you could
> write the Base test this way as well.

Originally, the subsequenttests framework was designed to clean up the
already existing qa/unoapi and qa/complex tests, and the smoke test.  It
works by having C++/Java test code that drives an soffice instance via
remote UNO, while testtool tests are written in BASIC and have more
intimate access to the soffice instance's UI.  (The smoke test is kind
of a mixture, driving soffice via remote UNO from a C++ test, but the
main test logic is included in a BASIC script that is run within
soffice.  That's more for historical reasons than a clean design, and I
would not necessarily recommend modelling new tests after that pattern.)

So, it remains to be seen whether subsequenttests can replace testtool;
migrating the existing testtool tests would definitely not be trivial.

Stephan