[Libreoffice-qa] Bug report assistant - more design bits ...

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Wed Sep 7 11:52:21 PDT 2011

> While this is being refined, I see that there is at least one technical problem I must solve. I need to implement a way to transparently submit the bug to bugzilla, which implies an account creation and/or login with an existing account. I'm not sure how to resolve this but I'll figure it out. That will give you time to finalize the specifications ;-)
Hi,

I thought of a workaround to avoid the mail confirmation. I would like Rainer opinion and yours because it will slightly change the way bugs are filled in.
Let say a script ( http://libreoffice.org/bug/submit.cgi ) is a proxy that submits bugs to bugzilla under the account bug at libreoffice.org and set the cc: field to the mail of the user who submitted the bug. This script would automatically login as the pre-existing user bug at libreoffice.org, therefore removing the need for a pre-register / signed - up account.

The user would still be informed of the progress related to her/his bug. And if interested he could register her/his account the usual way.

What do you think ?