[Libreoffice-qa] Bug report assistant - more design bits ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Sep 8 02:07:57 PDT 2011

Hi Loic,

On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 20:52 +0200, Loic Dachary wrote:
> I thought of a workaround to avoid the mail confirmation. I would like
> Rainer opinion and yours because it will slightly change the way bugs
> are filled in.

	Sounds interesting :-)

> Let say a script ( http://libreoffice.org/bug/submit.cgi ) is a proxy
> that submits bugs to bugzilla under the account bug at libreoffice.org
> and set the cc: field to the mail of the user who submitted the bug.
> This script would automatically login as the pre-existing user
> bug at libreoffice.org, therefore removing the need for a pre-register /
> signed - up account.

	So - personally I'm well up for not accepting bugs unless people are
logged in. There is a danger of making bugs too easy to file with such a
big user base, and it seems we already have 2x too many with the current
process :-)

	I'm also not sure that you can cc: people without bugzilla accounts
either (would be a great spam vector otherwise).

> What do you think ?

	Personally, I'd prefer to get people to create an account and verify it
- then perhaps we can get them to do a bit of triage / duplicate
finding / testing of bugs as well more easily ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.