[Libreoffice-qa] Bub Submission Assistant - LibreOffice Link Integration

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol ol at sophia-louise.de
Fri Sep 16 03:53:36 PDT 2011

Hi Björn,
Am 16.09.2011 11:13, schrieb Björn Balazs:
> Hi all,
>
> this is a great idea - but to my experience it will unfortunately not work
> out.
>
> Most non-technical users do not report bugs

I don't think so. Many people want to report - let me say - mistakes,
unexpected results or so. Have a look to all the foren. But where is the
place?

> and bug-trakers are not made for
> them

That is the right point. I think a "normal" user won't be able to handle
this moloch called "bugreport" and don't want to write a fault report in
an other language than his native. He searches for a place to report it
easily, looks on the webpage and then get off. He won't contribute.

So IMHO we have to develope an UI on the webpage which supports the
normal user to get off his information and helps us to sort this
information effectively. And so I think Loic's and Christoph's interface
can help for this and will be a first step.
An other way would be a contact formular. But this must be moderated and
will be an open door for spamming.

--
Grüße
k-j