[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Submission Assistant translation

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 26 16:27:45 PDT 2011

Hi Loic, *,

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Loic Dachary <loic at dachary.org> wrote:
> On 09/15/2011 12:03 PM, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Let's give it a try and see how you like it. What the bug assistant needs is a translation of all the strings it contains. The microformat could be as follows:

> and that would show in the wiki as
>
> The string is La chaine
> is finished is est terminée
>
> etc

I'd rather not use the wiki-syntax for translating, but rather use a
javascript-array/hash
The strings don't contain lots of formatting to begin with...

But feel free to ignore my comments if I'm already way to late :-)

(after all I didn't read yet about whether translating the form
implies to also accept reports in non-English language that are
translated by corresponding nl-teams or whether reports themselves are
restricted to English)

the array/hash approach is used by silverstripe's templating language
- translation looks like this for example
https://github.com/tdf/cms-code/blob/master/mysite/lang/nb_NO.php

$lang['nb_NO']['Downloadpage']['BITTORRENT'] = 'Last ned med BitTorrent';

and is used within the page-templates like this:

<% _t('Downloadpage.BITTORRENT','Download using BitTorrent') %>

So my approach would very likely have been to only have one english
page, and for the NL-pages read in the corresponding translation and
replace the english strings using jquery/javascript.
That way you don't need to care about missing/incomplete translations

ciao
Christian