[Libreoffice-qa] Adding RTL Keyword

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Sun Apr 1 04:48:16 PDT 2012

Bjoern Michaelsen schrieb:

> here is a suggestion:

Hi Bjoern,

I do not recommend to change anything concerning RTL bugs, some of the
counter-argument you already mentioned, I can add some, too.

You already mentioned:
A) Whiteboard use for that still as this is currently not yet formalized
B) coordination with other projects

Here some more arguments against a change (by the moment)
a) I can't see a real problem, so we should not change a running
    system without need
b) I do not deal you concern of using "RTL" in the Summary line. It's
    directly related to the observations (only RTL, only .doc, or
    similar), so I believe it's quite OK to have it in the summary line
    We also use some other abbreviations and madeup words there like
    FILEOPEN, RTF, UI, EasyHackSkills, ...
    Quite contrary, I belive Whiteboard should be reserved to bugfixing
    related information apart from the direct bug observations. Examples
    are bibisected, target, infoprovider, BSA, odf_validation,  ...
c) You can't add something to whiteboard during original report
d) Currently there is no whiteboard search within the Bugzilla
    Assistant, whiteboard search results are not integrated into list of
    possible DUPS
e) <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details> and some
    other (partly linked / related)pages would have to be modified.

So I believe we should wait until someone has a problem, than we can
work on a solution.

And I agree, tagging in the Summary line might be not a good idea;
because of that I more and more agree with your ideas how to handle
EasyHack abbreviations in Summary. I still would like to think about
that a while, but I agree with the desired result to drop those
"EasyHack" tags from the Summary.
But I don't see "RTL" as a tag, but as an abbreviation for "right to
left". So IMHO here is no discord.

Best regards

Rainer