[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 3.5.2 RC2 test builds available

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 07:41:01 PDT 2012

Petr Mladek wrote

> Why could it cause bad image? IMHO, it was bug on the Secunia side and
> it is fixed now. We used this version scheme also for LO-3.4 and nobody
> complained.

A bug on the Secunia side that LO version 3.5.1 and 3.5.2 are named 3.5.0? I
have to disagree...

As I mentioned in a previous email, it was NOT the same in 3.4.x:  e.g.
3.4.6 was named named 3.4.602
It wasn't correct but it was visibly similar (the number after the second
point is the same) and the numbers were increasing on the correct group
(third group)

Petr Mladek wrote
> It looks trivial but it is not. We would need to do clean build for all
> systems, upload them to mirrors, restart smoketests, ... So, this change
> would delay the release by many days.
>
> Also, it is potentially dangerous. The version is defined and used on
> many locations. Any change could cause strange side effects. Also there
> are many scripts around that depends on a certain version scheme. So, we
> should not change this between rc2 and rc3 if there is not a big reason.

As I mentioned before since version 3.5.0 was wrongly named 3.5.0rc3 and
3.5.1 named 3.5.0.102 it would be great to get  a correct 3.5.x release...

Hopefully, it will be correct for 3.5.3 ;)

Regards,
Pedro