[Libreoffice-qa] 3.5.1 Online Update testing

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Mon Apr 2 08:55:33 PDT 2012

Hi Klaus-Jürgen,

On 2012-04-02 at 17:14 +0200, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol wrote:

> > Please, is here anybody who can check whether the 3.5.1 Online Update is
> > working?  How to test:
> >
> > - install 3.5.1 _RC1_ (for Windows, or other)
> > - trigger Online Update from the Help menu
> > - expected result: LibreOffice reports that there is an update available
> > to 3.5.1 RC2
> >
> > Please let me know if it worked as expected :-)
>
> I now have 3.5.1.2 on WIN8beta but I don't get an update info for 3.5.2RC2.
>
> Is this as expected because the 3.5.1RC2 is the final version?

This is a great catch - the 3.5.1.2 -> 3.5.2.2 is not supposed to be
offered yet (3.5.1.2 is final, and we want to keep people updated in the
"previous final" -> "next final" way), but 3.5.2.1 -> 3.5.2.2 should
have been offered, and was not.

It is now fixed - can you please install 3.5.1 RC1 (3.5.1.1), and try
Help -> Online Update...?  It should present you with the availability
of RC2.

Please keep up the good work, this was an important catch, we really
need to ensure that the update service is working all the time, not only
from the server side, but even more importantly from the client
(LibreOffice) side too.  I will come up with a test case how to check it
with every LO version (regardless of the version), and will ask you to
run that test that with every release.

Thank you a lot,
Kendy