[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-projects] minutes for the LibreOffice QA call 2012-04-06 1400UTC

Sophie Gautier gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:05:23 PDT 2012

Hi Cor,
On 10/04/2012 22:45, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bjoern Michaelsen wrote (06-04-12 19:55)
>
>> - CaseConductor evaluation
>> [...]
>> - Rainer: we need better documentation on the "why" of Litmus/MozTrap
>> [...]
>> - Kendy: Need for regular manual testing for update scenarios
>> [...]
>> - given the limited current reach of Litmus, we might propagate in blogs
>> too
>> - we really need to make structured manual a lot more visible for 3.6
>
> I look forward to the outcome of the Litmus/MozTrap evaluation and
> improvements in this area. It will help people run the tests more
> easily. However, we must not forget that it's just that and not more.

If it's easy, it will attract people too. QA is frightening for a lot of
users because it looks like technical when it's not. The tool should
help that and currently Litmus is not fulfilling that.
> Evaluation of the current situation showed some lack of available time
> with people considered to work with it (and other QA topics). Thus if we
> forget that, and only do improve the tooling... it might turn out to be
> fooling our selves.
In that case we know that we can't extend people time, so let extend the
number of contributors by providing an easy way to participate. Tools
are only tools but this is what our contributors are playing with, see
Pootle for example, it's the same here, it should be as easy as and as
flexible as Pootle.
Kind regards
Sophie
--