[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Triage best practice: Change or not change assignee?

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Apr 20 07:15:40 PDT 2012

Bjoern Michaelsen píše v Pá 20. 04. 2012 v 00:16 +0200:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:23:46PM +0200, Nino Novak wrote:
> > the question emerged, if reassigning a NEEDINFO-bug to the presumed info
> > provider[1] is Good or Bad. Please advise.
> >
> > Nino
> > [1]
> > https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=BugTriage&diff=prev&oldid=42240
>
> IMHO yes, the bug should always be assigned to the person that is required to
> take action to make the bug proceed.

I am afraid that it is not scalable. If a developer has 100 bugs
assigned, it is clear that some of them will be there for years. It
creates false feeling that someone takes care of the bug but is it not
true.

If you have too many bugs assigned, you can't even react on comments
because you would spend the whole day with it.

I personally prefer to put developers into CC if the bug is important
but do not assign it. I would leave the other bugs as is and wait until
someone pick them. I would just make sure that the severity and
component is correct.

Best Regards,
Petr